current open positions
Want to know what it's like to work at Tie Bar?
Well, picture different ingredients coming together to create one very strong cocktail. Everything you see at Tie Bar is created in-house and every member of our team has a hand in creating it. Innovation, creativity and collaboration are at the heart of everything we do.
We're a passionate bunch of hardworking individuals who love what we do, and we're always looking for new talent to join us.
Our team benefits from great healthcare, unlimited PTO, paid holidays, 401k, social events, a beyond awesome office space to work in and the best snacks on the market
Join the team (current job openings)
Technical Project Manager - Shopify (Remote)
Who we are
Digital Fuel Capital is one of the leading private equity investors in eCommerce businesses. Our portfolio covers eCommerce brands including home improvement, apparel, snow sports and automotive businesses. Digital Fuel Capital provides both capital and in-house strategic and operational resources to help their brands succeed.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager at our newest multi-brand platform, Digital Stronghold. Digital Stronghold will be a group of men’s eCommerce businesses that sit under one platform and share resources. Our first acquisitions under Digital Stronghold have been Taylor Stitch and The Tie Bar.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and creative individual with demonstrated capabilities and experience in ecommerce web design implementation and project management. They will have a strong understanding of both the UX and business perspective of what makes men's interest e-commerce websites great.
Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and internal teams, you'll actively participate in the evolution of our web technologies and practices. You will enable those teams to work on fast iterative projects that execute on the competitive strategy.
- Assist the CX, creative, marketing, finance, and development teams in their day to day activities,
- Monitor systems and ongoing workflows to ensure smooth operations,
- Identify and manage systemic and visual bugs and regressions, putting in timely requests to make modifications or adjustments to the codebase,
- Monitor incoming and outgoing feature requests ensuring they are made in time for scheduled product releases and marketing moments,
- Attend internal meetings with various stakeholders to consult and provide technical input and progress updates,
- Distill broader ideas from the internal teams for suggestions regarding the ecommerce store and ideas for future enhancements,
- Plan, spec and gather data, oversee on-site testing and user research,
- Work with developers to set up environments, review code, and ensure standards compliance in all aspects of the development and launch pipeline.
- Experience supporting the creation and development of successful direct to consumer websites,
- You're used to participating in the requirements-gathering process for new projects and initiatives
- You can look at wireframes, designs, or data models, evaluate their complexity and plan work for a development team (breaking down tasks, creating timelines, and project backlogs)
- You are comfortable working with 3rd-party vendors for integration and support
- You prefer to use data to inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes successfully.
- You're passionate about learning and are excited to collaborate with other team members across UI/X, CX, Visual Design, Operations, Finance, and Engineering.
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions in Shopify
- Hands-on experience in frontend development (i.e. HTML5 and related technologies), backend development, and infrastructure
- Experience working with version control systems in a team setting
- Preferred experience with cloud marketing software related to ecommerce: email sending platforms, analytics, paid advertising.
- Bachelors/Masters in Business Admin or Computer Science
- 3 - 5 years of website design / development / product management
How to Apply
Tell us why, and send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Technical Project Manager - Shopify (Remote) ‐ 20210920
VP of Digital Marketing (Remote)
Who we are
Digital Fuel Capital is one of the leading private equity investors in the eCommerce space. Our portfolio covers eCommerce brands including home improvement, apparel, snow sports and automotive businesses. Digital Fuel Capital provides both capital and in-house strategic and operational resources to help their brands succeed.
Our newest multi-brand platform is The Digital Stronghold. The Digital Stronghold is a group of men’s first eCommerce businesses under one platform with a broad shared service resource base. Our first acquisitions under The Digital Stronghold have been Taylor Stitch and The Tie Bar. We are rapidly scaling and expect additional brands to join this portfolio.
The VP of Digital Marketing will be expected to strategize, optimize, and manage a variety of performance levers and data sources across all channels, the majority of which are digital. This executive role will lead these activities across our portfolio of brands. The VP of Digital Marketing will oversee a team including customer acquisition, retention as well as on- and off-site creative testing. Critical to your role will be the ability to take tests to scale and drive impact for the business. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of the acquisition, retention, & attribution marketing technology landscape and have experience leading this for a data-centric eCommerce business. In this role you will determine allocation of a large monthly marketing budget and have a seat at the leadership table.
Performance Marketing Responsibilities:
- Build and oversee a team of focused performance marketers, CRM, and analytics leaders
- Responsibility for setting overall marketing priorities and marketing calendar
- Develop, recommend, and execute marketing programs across a variety of paid channels including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Affiliates, Display, CTV, other social platforms and offline channels like TV/OTT & Podcast/Radio
- Drive the acquisition roadmap including creative development, audience testing, budget management and landing-page strategy
- Work with the creative team to make sure all performance marketing assets are built effectively as well as gather learnings to improve them
- Strategic oversight of customer engagement strategies
- Partner with VP of Product to develop long-term site experience roadmap
- Exploration of new performance marketing opportunities
Brand marketing responsibilities:
- Partner with brand leads to execute on brand architecture (brand vision, brand DNA, customer personas)
- Ensure consistency of brands across all touchpoints of consumer engagement (website, email, social)
- At least three years of experience in running marketing for a direct-to-consumer business that is both performance marketing and brand driven
- At least ten years of progressive marketing experience with some brand management or brand marketing experience a positive
- Deep understanding of the full marketing funnel, attribution, how various channels interplay with one another, and ultimately drive ROI
- Knowledge of best practices and tactics across social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Familiarity with attribution, testing and development of data infrastructure to support customer segmentation strategies
- Clear comfort with managing a business based upon a customer economic model and understanding of overall company P&L drivers
- Demonstrated history of building new revenue streams and/or increasing existing customer repeat purchase
- History of using consumer insights to inform strategic planning
- Exceptional analytical skills: expert in Excel, Google Analytics, BI tools, with a keen ability to articulate results and learning
- Preference for working with small teams
Location and Travel: Any location based in the United States, Minimal travel required
- Competitive combination of base comp, performance bonus and equity
- Material upside from allocation of option plan.
Other: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply
Tell us why, and send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com with subject line: VP of Digital Marketing(Remote) ‐ 20211018